Have some beers, watch a movie, listen to music, and share your stories about getting wet on the 20th.There will be drink specials and giveaways all night.
Spacebar – 2428 E. Robinson St., Orlando, FL.
INTERNATIONAL SURFING DAY FACTS!
EVENT HISTORY: International Surfing Day sprung from the idea that it would be great to have an annual day to celebrate surfing, while giving thanks and appreciation to our oceans, waves and beaches. From there, the first International Surfing Day began with one international and 16 domestic events. It has grown to more than 90 domestic events and 71 International spanning more than 30 countries across the globe. The day is not only filled with fun surf sessions and paddle-outs, but encourages people everywhere, no matter where they live, to give back through various activations organized by the Surfrider Foundation.
LOCATION: International Surfing Day is a grassroots celebration that takes place at various locations worldwide. To find an event near you, or register to host one, visit www.intlsurfingday.com.
DATE: Thursday, June 20, 2013
TIME: Activation and event times will vary. Visit www.intlsurfingday.com for additional details on activations taking place worldwide.
PARTICIPATION: Participation in International Surfing Day is free. Visit www.intlsurfingday.com to find a local event or register to host one. If there is not an International Surfing Day event taking place locally, people can still give back to our oceans, waves and beaches by doing some of the following:
- Pick up after your pet
- Properly dispose of used motor oil
- Refuse single-use plastic bags and bottles and opt for a reusable bag or bottle instead
- Visit www.surfrider.org and participate in the one-day-only International Surfing Day membership drive.
STATISTICS: In 2012…
- More than 1,800 people joined or renewed their Surfrider Foundation membership on ISD
- Surfrider Foundation led more than 138 events in more than 22 countries;
- There were more than 250 events worldwide
- More than 20,000 participants made it out to one of the ISD events
- Participants helped removed more than 3 tons of trash from our coastlines
WEBSITE: Additional information on International Surfing Day can be found at www.intlsurfingday.com.
CONTACT: For all media inquiries, please contact Alexis Henry, Surfrider Foundation’s Communications Manager at 949.732.6413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.